Art Analysis


The above painting is by Austrian artist Gustav Klimt. It was painted in 1902 and is called Birch Forest I. I chose this painting because although I like a lot of Klimt's pieces, this one is more muted than most of his works which have a lot going on in them. When I look at this photo, even though you do not see the tops of the trees, you get the sense from the lines that they are very tall. I really enjoy this painting because Autumn is my favorite time of year, although not long enough in Alaska and looking at this painting brings a sense of calmness and relaxation. Across Klimt paintings, you can see he favored gold and to me this painting resembles Autumn in Alaska. The yellow leaves lighting up the ground giving it that golden look that contrasts the darkness of the tops of the trees as well as the depth of the forest thick with trees. 

"Gustav Klimt." Paintings, Biography and Quotes, 2011 https://www.gustav-klimt.com/Birch-Forest.jsp#prettyPhoto

Comments

  1. At first, I did not realize what I was seeing to be honest. Taking a closer look at it, I appreciate how it was done! I do not think I have seen something like this before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baroque Blog By Gabrielle Baxter

Gabrielle Baxter Introduction